Join regional experts Lilit Gevorgyan and Armen Kharazian for “PART II: CRISIS IN ARMENIA’S RUSSIA-ONLY SECURITY DOCTRINE” – the second in the What’s Next series of discussions on the post-war Armenian reality.
Gevorgyan and Kharazian will frame the 44-day catastrophe and its aftermath within a wider context to help better understand the contours of a world where Russian and Armenian interests might diverge on fundamental issues.
Topics to be covered:
• Key Armenia-Russia security, defense and border protection treaties; collective security arrangements under Russia-led military bloc CSTO
• The application of Armenia-Russia security treaties during the 44-Day War; consequences of the 2016 transfer of air defense capabilities to Russia
• Armenia-Russia border protections treaties and Azerbaijan’s creeping annexation of Armenian territories
• Armenia’s quality of governance and policy-making and its impact on the country’s national security
• Armenia’s future under the “Russia-centered” security doctrine: opportunities and risks
• What can be done to mitigate current risks and manage future crises
Register now to participate in this timely discussion.
This event is sponsored by:
Armenian Bar Association
Armenian Democratic Liberal Party-Ramgavars
Armenian Network of America-Greater NY
Daughters of Vartan-Sahaganoush Otyag
Knights of Vartan-Bakradouny Lodge
National Association for Armenian Studies and Research (NAASR)-Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Lecture Series on Contemporary Armenian Issues
St. Leon Armenian Church