Restoration by Costikyan
Restoration by Costikyan, a 4th generation family owned business in Boynton Beach, FL, is seeking skilled restorers to hand sew and repair high end rugs and carpets. Please email resume or work history to email@example.com.
Florida Spring 2020 Editorial Internship
POLITICO’s Tallahassee bureau is seeking a spring intern to work from the State Capitol. The internship runs from January 2020 until May 2020. Interns are expected to commit to 20 per week.
What you’ll do:
- Our interns are an integral part of our reporting team during the legislative session. In addition to helping cover the session, you’ll help report on the state agencies and campaigns.
- The intern will be involved in all aspects of story creation and production, including research, reporting, writing and aggregating.
What you’ll need:
- A can-do attitude, initiative, good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to write quickly and cleanly
- A passion for politics/policy and a thirst to learn about Florida politics and government
We welcome applicants who are recent graduates. Applicants who are still in school must, at least, be rising juniors. The ideal applicant will have experience at a school publication and/or previous experience at a professional news outlet. Click here to apply.
Rep. Ross Spano (R-FL) Seeking Communications and Legislative Interns for Spring 2020
Congressman Ross Spano (R-FL-15) is currently seeking Communications and Legislative interns for the Spring, 2020:
Legislative Intern — The Office of Congressman Ross Spano is seeking a legislative intern. The position would assist the legislative staff in monitoring legislative activity within committees and on the House floor. Intern will work with the legislative staff to track legislation; monitor legislative developments; conduct research; draft memos; and, assist with drafting letters. A strong candidate will have previous intern experience, basic knowledge of House procedures, and have strong communication skills. A legislative intern will also be expected to assist with regular intern duties to assist other staff and provide constituent assistance as necessary.
Communications Intern — The Office of Congressman Ross Spano is seeking a communications intern. The position is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a proactive communications strategy. Intern will work with the Communications Director to find new ways grow the Member’s following and maintain synergy across communications materials. A strong candidate will be a creative, proactive, familiar with social media, website maintenance and some video editing. This will be in addition to regular duties, tours, phones and assisting staff with legislative duties when necessary.
The program includes a monthly stipend. All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Spring Intern”.
Congressman Charlie Crist (D-FL) is seeking Interns for Spring 2020
Congressman Charlie Crist (D-FL-13) is seeking Full Time or Part Time interns for Spring 2020 in Washington, D.C. Interns will assist the legislative and administrative staff, attending briefings, answering phones, coordinating and conducting tours, drafting constituent correspondence letters, performing legislative research and analysis, and various other tasks. District and Florida ties are encouraged but not required. No phone calls or drop ins, please.
Please email FL13.Internships@mail.house.gov, with your resume, cover letter & a 1-2 page writing sample.
Senior Ranking Republican on Committee of Ways & Means Seeks Interns for Spring 2020
A senior-ranking Republican member on the Committee of Ways & Means is seeking candidates for full-time or part-time internships for Spring 2020. Interns will observe the inner workings of a Congressional office while gaining firsthand knowledge of the legislative process. D.C. responsibilities include leading Capitol tours, answering phones, assisting staff with legislative projects, attending briefings and hearings. Florida ties are strongly preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins will be considered.
The Jamestown Foundation is offering a paid Europe & Eurasia internship (stipend) for Spring 2020. Duties include minor copy editing, updating the Jamestown Foundation website, assisting in outreach to the Russia and Eurasia policy community via social media, researching topics related to security in Europe and Eurasia, as well as assisting the Foundation with the organization of periodic conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate school student with an interest in Eurasian affairs and some Eastern European language proficiency.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with minimal oversight.
- Good research skills and a solid understanding of political/security/economic developments and trends in the former Soviet space and wider Eurasia.
- Confident knowledge of American English grammar rules and experience with proofreading and copy editing materials written by non-native-English speakers.
- Must be physically located in the Washington, DC, area and be able to work part-time at the Jamestown office in downtown Washington.
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Be able to devote a minimum of between 20 to 25 hours a week to assist with research and copy-editing duties and to help out on other ongoing Jamestown projects.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken language at the level of a native English speaker.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other website backend applications, a plus.
- A strong presence on social media and/or familiarity with various social media platforms and outreach.
- Working proficiency in a Central Eastern European or Russian language preferred.
For more information, or to apply for this opening, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter, and use the e-mail subject heading “Europe & Eurasia Intern.”
Armenian Assembly of America Summer Internship Programs
Internships in Washington, DC:
The Terjenian-Thomas Assembly Internship Program gives college students of Armenian descent an opportunity to live and work in Washington, D.C. for eight weeks each summer. At the same time, interns gain exposure to the policy-making process in our nation’s capital. Click here to learn more or Apply Now!
Internships in Armenia:
The Armenian Assembly of America gives students of Armenian descent the opportunity to live and work in Armenia for eight weeks. In addition to their internship placements, interns gain exposure to Armenian culture, meet with government officials, and tour historic sites throughout Armenia. Click here to learn more or Apply Now!
*Updated Monday, December 16, 2019.