Webinar: Crisis in Armenia’s Russia-Only Security Doctrine Part II
Join regional experts Lilit Gevorgyan and Armen Kharazian for “PART II: CRISIS IN ARMENIA’S RUSSIA-ONLY SECURITY DOCTRINE” – the second in the What’s Next series of discussions on the post-war Armenian reality.
Gevorgyan and Kharazian will frame the 44-day catastrophe and its aftermath within a wider context to help better understand the contours of a world where Russian and Armenian interests might diverge on fundamental issues.
Topics to be covered:
• Key Armenia-Russia security, defense and border protection treaties; collective security arrangements under Russia-led military bloc CSTO
• The application of Armenia-Russia security treaties during the 44-Day War; consequences of the 2016 transfer of air defense capabilities to Russia
• Armenia-Russia border protections treaties and Azerbaijan’s creeping annexation of Armenian territories
• Armenia’s quality of governance and policy-making and its impact on the country’s national security
• Armenia’s future under the “Russia-centered” security doctrine: opportunities and risks
• What can be done to mitigate current risks and manage future crises
Register now to participate in this timely discussion.
This event is sponsored by:
Armenian Bar Association
Armenian Democratic Liberal Party-Ramgavars
Armenian Network of America-Greater NY
Daughters of Vartan-Sahaganoush Otyag
Knights of Vartan-Bakradouny Lodge
National Association for Armenian Studies and Research (NAASR)-Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Lecture Series on Contemporary Armenian Issues
St. Leon Armenian Church
Posted on August 17, 2021, in Armenia, General Update, International, Webinar and tagged Armen Kharazian, Armenia, Artsakh, Lilit Gevorgyan, Nagorno Karabakh, Russia. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.