On Wednesday, April 24th, St. Hagop Armenian Church of Pinellas Park, FL hosted a commemoration of the 104th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide.
Parishioners gathered for the remembrance of the Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide. “It was a truly moving evening,” stated Rev. Fr. Hovnan Demerjian, pastor of St. Hagop Armenian Church. Mallory Maslar, St. Hagop Parish Council Vice-Chair, organized the commemorative event with the events committee.
An Armenian Genocide Exhibit from the Florida Holocaust Museum was also on display with the assistance of George Kamajian. Michael Shahnasarian and his wife Jean, who chairs the events committee, provided the fellowship. Photography provided generously by Teresa Haidarian and video by Art Ekizian.
Boca Raton, FL
TAMPA, FL – On January 30, 2019, Lt. Col Armen Zakaryan, Armenian Armed Forces Senior Representative for US Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base, organized a reception on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the establishment of the Republic of Armenia’s Armed Forces.
LTC Zakaryan delivered opening remarks and a presentation on the history of the Armenian Army, followed by remarks from Rev. Fr. Hovnan Demerjian, Pastor of St. Hagop Armenian Church in neighboring Pinellas Park, FL. The reception featured Armenian dishes, catered by Surbuhi Zakaryan, which were greatly enjoyed by all the participants. “May this fellowship of countries [U.S. and Armenia] be blessed by God for peace,” stated Fr. Demerjian.
Join Florida Armenians from the West Coast of Florida for a special Valentine’s Day Dinner & Dance on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 7:00pm at St. Hagop Armenian Church, Shahnasarian Hall. The dance will feature live entertainment with DJ Hagz and a cash bar.
Additional Dance Information:
- The lover’s night will start at 7:00 pm.
- Tickets are $50.00 for Adults, and $20.00 for Children under 12; Kids under 6 years old are free.
- Lena Kotchounian, Maro Shaldjian and the entire Women’s Guild are preparing lovely appetizers, dinner and assorted desserts to complete the night.
- Cash bar will be available for your pleasure.
- We will dance the night away with non-stop music with DJ HAGZ!
- Raffles and auctions will be displayed.
- All tables are available by reservation only.
- No dance only admission; no bring your own booze–thanks for understanding!
You may reserve tickets online now or send a check to the Church office; memo: “Valentines.” Contact Stepan Serpekian at 813-817-3757 or email@example.com or Chrisanne Jensen at the Church office 727-545-0380 with questions or table requests. Reservation deadline is Sunday February 10th.
St. Hagop Armenian Church, Shahnasarian Hall is located at 7020 90th Ave N, Pinellas Park, FL 33782.