BREAKING NEWS: Armenian Genocide Resolution Today in the US Senate
Armenian Genocide Resolution in the Senate:
Senators Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) will request Unanimous Consent to consider the Armenian Genocide Resolution, S.Res.150. Tune in to C-SPAN at approx. 1:00 p.m. EST to watch the Senate Floor live.
Florida Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) is a cosponsor of S. Res. 150. However, Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) is NOT. Call Sen. Rick Scott’s DC Office NOW (202) 224-5274 and urge him to cosponsor the bill and to vote YES should it come up for a vote!
Now is the time to call your Senators and urge them to support S.Res.150!
Quick Facts about the Armenian Genocide Resolution in the Senate:
- Senator Bob Menendez introduced the Armenian Genocide Resolution, S.Res.150, on April 9, 2019.
- Including Senator Menendez, a total of 29 Senators have co-sponsored the resolution. Who else has co-sponsored?
- Following the historic and overwhelming bipartisan vote in favor of H.Res.296 in the House of Representatives, the the Armenian American community pressed for passage of the stand-alone Senate resolution on the Armenian Genocide.
- On November 13, Senator Bob Menendez requested Unanimous Consent to consider S.Res.150. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) objected, following a meeting earlier that day with Turkish President Erdogan at the White House. Florida Senator Rick Scott was also in the Oval Office meeting with Erdogan.
- On November 21, Senator Bob Menendez requested Unanimous Consent again to consider S.Res.150, and was joined by Senator Ted Cruz. Senator David Perdue (R-GA) objected, citing “ongoing diplomatic relations with Turkey.” Senator Menendez vowed not to relent.
- Today, December 5, Senators Bob Menendez and Ted Cruz will once again request Unanimous Consent to consider S.Res.150 at approximately 1:00 PM EST.
Have questions? Please email us at email@example.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Posted on December 5, 2019, in Armenian Genocide, Politics and tagged Armenian Genocide, Armenian Genocide Resolution, Bob Menendez, David Purdue, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Rick Scott, Ted Cruz, US Senate. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment